CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Night Full of Memories Which I'll Hold Forever



Hey Hey Hey Gerbil readers! ^_^

I had a night of absolute fun last night, here in little old Grahamstown and it didn't involve drinking! Off I went in an insanely hyper mood (after eating chocolate and sweeties all day) to my friend Kyle's res. Once our entire group of friends had all grouped together there, they packed themselves a hubbly and off we went for a BP run. For those of you who don't know what a BP run is, it's a mad dash to the BP for food supplies etc when everything else in Grahamstown is closed.
A couple of minutes later, with two cars full of Coke, Fanta, chocolate, sweets and hot dogs we headed off to the monument!


We had such a good time there, even though it was freezing cold! It was a beautiful night, with the full moon shining over the town and the fog drifting over the town, making the lights twinkle and sparkle every so often.

You see, the thing is that everybody seems to have fallen into a frame of mind where they think that the only way to have a good time here is to drink until you are totally and utterly wasted. I think that is the biggest load of rubbish. I myself do not drink or smoke and I still manage to have a really good time. All you need is a great bunch of friends and the initiative to do something different and exciting and you're bound to find something to do, besides the same old routine of spending your entire night at The Rat and Parrot, Friars or EQ.

There are all sorts of little hidden gems which can be found here and they can turn out to be an absolute blast! So get out there and find them, because when you do, it really is worth it.

xx

3 comments:

Steph** said...

anybody just needs to look at the pictures to see just how crazy fun and the good times you can have without drinking... and most times people actually mistake your hyperness for drunken-ness... haha shame poor ignoramuses

Sarah said...

I know...
My hyperness can often be maistaken for drunken behaviour, but that's just because those people obviously don't know me very well then, do they?

xx

Anonymous said...

Great times!! :)

I'm happy people can just have FUN!!! Theres only a couple of people who know how to do it best and I think you've got it right! :)

Thanks for showing me the fun way of life Sarah, didn't think there were people like you (n me!) who could just... be happy!!! :)

Loves!