CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Growing up way too quickly for my liking...



Greetings everyone!

A very upsetting thought dawned on me earlier this morning while I was sitting in my second to last Journalism lecture of the year.

*** Why does time go by so incredibly quickly and more importantly, how can I stop it from doing so? ***

My first year at university is already nearly over, even though it feels like it's just begun! There was so much I wanted to do this year, so much I wanted to achieve, and yet here I sit, about to go into the last stretch of the year. A month filled with studying and exams and then? It's back home to Johannesburg for three months of holiday bliss. How can time have raced by so quickly? I had no warning about how quickly this year would go by and it upsets me to think that I only have three more years of the uni lifestyle before I head out into the big, scary working world.
I know it sounds silly and irrational, but I'm just loving it here at Rhodes so much, I can’t think past anything but the happiness which I’m experiencing here right now. And yea, I'm the type of person who lives in the moment and tries her very best not to ruin the present by thinking about the future, but this morning sitting in my Journ lecture, that’s all I could think about.

I mean, I looked across the room at all my Journalism friends and thought about whether we'd all still be sitting together next year in JMS2. My friends in my Journalism class have become such a great part of my life, they're like my 'Journalism family' and it feels so utterly strange that I may never sit in another lecture with them again. Do I get too attached to people and become too comfortable in the environment which I'm living in at the time? Maybe I do, but it’s who I am.

Anyway, I guess what it really boils down to is enjoying every moment of your life, because when change does come along, you want to be able to look back and be grateful for everything and everyone who made your life perfect in that moment and to also realise that more perfectly wonderful moments will head your way.

So, to my amazing blogging team and all my Journ friendies, thank you. Thanks for being such special people and for making my first year JMS course an absolute blast. You guys really are awesome and I love you to bits.

xx

0 comments: