CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Day Sleeper..


So after a weekend of torture, well torture initiated by procrastination, the week began again. I often wonder about how many Mondays one has in a lifetime... The maths to calculate it exists I know but I'm not really in the mood for usuing that part of my brain. I haven't been since I was twelve. Anyway on the subject of Mondays, mine seem to be mostly occupied by thoughts which do not relate to lectures at all. This week its about a boy. Without sounding too soppy I can part with this much information: He's sweet enough, a little bit funny and walked me back to my rez. The scene plays over and over in my head whilst my eyes glaze over the lecturer who is mumbling something about a test.. I wish he would shut up so I can daydream in peace..


Why is it that lecture venues are the best to sleep in? To daydream in? I swear the best nap I ever had this year was during Anthropology in first term. The funny thing is no matter how sleepy you are, you would rather drag yourself half way across campus to that lecture only to arrive, lay your hands in front of you, place your head on the desk (one ear to the ceiling of course to hear any the shuffling people make when the lecture is over) and fall into the deepest sleep imaginable. How do we do it? What is more frustrating is that even when I convince myself my fatigue will work against me in class and decide to miss a lecture so that I can catch up on my sleep, I am unable to fall asleep.. IN MY OWN ROOM!!! What I am referring to here is not a Rhodes thing, it is a university thing. I have a friend at UCT with the same problem, so my conclusion is thus: lecture venues and sleep are inextricably linked.. Somewhere between the two therein lies a conspiracy.. But what do I know anyway..

1 comments:

Unknown said...

it is a conspiracy! WAHAHAHAHA! only wish i had a lecture hall, u know for those moments at 2 in the morning when u still can't sleep!