CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

5 In Blindsight: First years are not interested in politics!#links

Mr H.

Thank you for a great piece of writing, I do, however, have an issue to raise.
While I admire your stance on political importance, it is valid to note that some first years are honestly not interested in politics. I’m not talking about the subject offered; I’m talking about the actual events happening on a day-to-day basis.

While this may be sad, it is true. More so because the majority of first years are still teenagers and have adopted an attitude of apathy towards politics and the country’s political dilemmas.

There are those who are interested in politics, I’m not disregarding them, but I do wish to challenge your point of view in terms of the reality of the fact. We do not live in the ideal society where everything works as it should, and I commend you for sticking it through instead of packing up and moving out. You are one of the few white South African males who should be an example to the rest. I believe in our country and the potential its people have, but politics is a lifestyle that will take some a little longer to adapt to.

Don’t give up, if you keep a positive attitude about politics and share that with as many first years as possible, I am certain that you will make a difference to their outlooks on the subject and the events.
See my post on
voting.

Good Luck!

Ncebi *20*5 In Blindsight: First years are not interested in politics!#links

0 comments: