CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ahh... The life of a BA student


They lie on the grass in a completely relaxed manner, soaking up rays of sunlight. They don’t have a care in the world as they chat to each other or doze lightly. Their laughter fills the air while other students besides their ‘kind’ drag their feet towards their next lecture venue.
The creature which I’m describing is what many (anyone not doing a Bachelor of Arts Degree or any other arty kinda degree) would like to call the ‘lazy, no-good student’. That’s right, I’m talking about a BA student.

This view which all other students seem to have, besides BA students is a LIE! I myself am a BA student and I would like to make perfectly clear that we work just as hard as any other student on campus. Ok, so we may not have as many pracs or write ups as BSc and BCom students, but wow, we have a huge amount of reading and essay writing to do!
The other day, I was talking to one of my friends who is doing a BSc and he was in a complete state about the fact that he had to write a 300 word assignment. Pshh, that’s an entire assignment, whereas for a BA student, those 300 words would just make up our introduction to our 2000-3000 word essays!

However, regardless of how much work we BA students have to do, we still always manage to find a way to have a good time! It’s like it’s been encrypted in our genes to be more care-free and fun lovin’ than BSc and BCom students who are serious hard workers who are studying subjects which I would never, ever be able to do. So I definitely take my hat off to you guys, but remember BA students work just as hard as you do! :)

xx

1 comments:

Unknown said...

...and who doesnt like a good sleep on uni grounds??