CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

To Ncebi

Ncebi

I hope you are faring well; it will be a while before we meet again.

This letter should not cause you any alarm, in fact it should be something to look forward to. I have very good news about tertiary life; it is all you have imagined it to be and more- with the occasional hiccup of course!

When you arrive, the first people you will engage with if you live in residence are the house committee, we had a meeting choosing those tonight and I know they will be as welcoming to you as they were to me. Do not be alarmed by their ‘coolness’, that’s how they get you to like them…

I have absolute faith in your ability to adapt and survive, it’s as though we have the same mind – which we actually do. I also want to let you in on a well known secret in these parts – if you want to survive varsity, do the work beforehand, then you’ll have time to go out.

As I type this letter to you, I want to tell you of all the things to look forward to, but without ruining the exciting presence of them… O-week and “O-term” are definitely a hit here, so is Tri-Var...You will know what I mean when you get here.

Journalism will be the best thing to EVER happen to you. Yes, it is a lot of work, but you’re good with that kind of thing, and you will thoroughly enjoy it! I know I definitely am. Beware of the crazy deadlines; I know you are a bit of a slacker when you want to, but you can also be very determined and you can be very hardworking when you put your mind to it, try it – it won’t hurt.

You may suffer a bit of heartache, but you’ve also got a knack for making friends and that will help with any loneliness you may experience. Phone home regularly, but don’t whine about stuff you can’t avoid of help. The friends you make will be for the long run, so pick them carefully, I have the utmost faith in your character judgment, but I’m here if you need any help.

I have left some things unsaid, but that is because I want you to enjoy the many many experiences that varsity will have for you.

All my love
Une

0 comments: